The workshop organized with the NGIOT European research project explored and discussed the challenges related to the evolution of networks and telecommunication technologies with a focus on the Internet of Things, edge computing and cloud computing.
15th September 2021, 14:30 – 16:00 CEST
Data Protection by Design for the Internet of Things, Edge and Cloud Computing
- Sébastien Ziegler, IoT Forum President, Europrivacy International Board of Experts (moderator);
- Bernard Benhamou, Secretary General of the Institute of Digital Sovereignty;
- Bilel Jamoussi, Chief of the Study Groups Department of ITU Standardization Bureau;
- Luca Bolognini, President of the Italian Institute for Privacy and Data Valorisation (IPP);
- Mirko Ross, CEO of Asvin;
- Joann O’Brien, Vice President, Digital Ecosystems, TM Forum;
- Cécile Théard-Jallu, Partner at De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés, Vice-Chair of the Healthcare & Life Sciences Law Committee (panelist);
- Roberto Cascella, Senior Policy Manager at ECSO (panelist).
16th September 2021, 14:30 – 16:00 CEST
IoT, Edge, and Cloud Computing Research and Innovation Challenges
- Paolo Balboni, Professor of Privacy, Cybersecurity, and IT Contract Law at the European Center on Privacy and Cybersecurity (ECPC) within the Maastricht University Faculty of Law (moderator);
- Antonio Skarmeta, CTO of OdinS, Professor at University of Murcia;
- Magdalena Kogut-Czarkowska, Attorney-at-law at Timelex;
- Eva Fogelström, Director of the Security Research Department within Ericsson Research;
- Meiko Jensen, Professor for IT Security and Privacy at Kiel University of Applied Sciences;
- Francesco Capparelli, Senior Fellow Researcher at Italian Institute for Privacy and Data Valorisation (IIP);
- Ulrich Ahle, Chief Executive Officer at FIWARE (panelist).