Special Programme on ‘International Cooperation in Practice - the Way Forward
April 21, 2023 – Venice from 9.00 to 17.30
This day is dedicated to a continuation of our International Cooperation Track through an extended dialogue on data protection regulations among different networks of authorities. It will enable data protection authorities to meet, discuss and explore the potential for reinforcing collaboration and convergence towards common rules and mechanisms to protect and enforce data protection, as well as to support international data transfers through practical actions. Enabling safe and efficient international data transfers, promoting uniform standards and common best-practices will be some of the goals this meeting aims to contribute to.
I. Support international dialogue and cooperation among different data protection authorities, with a focus on inter-regional collaboration.
II. Discuss and explore the potential for regulatory convergence among front-running jurisdictions through concrete actions and initiatives.
III. Explore the potential to converge and facilitate international data transfers with common instruments such as standard contractual clauses and certification mechanisms.
IV. Support international cooperation among regions in terms of data protection law development and enforcement.
- Network of Networks Cooperation
- Supporting International Data Transfer: Opportunities and Challenges
- Government Access (including cooperation for law enforcement purposes)
- Towards Common Contractual Clauses?
- Towards Common Certification Mechanisms?
- Steps Forward to Reinforce Extended Cross-Atlantic Convergence and Cooperation