The conference will be hosted by the University Ca’ Foscari in the historic centre of Venice.
Ca’ Foscari University is a university in Venice in northern Italy. It was founded in 1868, as the first Italian business college. The main building of the University, Ca’ Foscari Palace, is placed in a strategic position on the bend of the Grand Canal, in the heart of the city. Just like the city that hosts it, it is a crossroads of cultures, art, history, ideas, and creativity. Venice is unique and completely different from any other city in the world. A place that welcomes and captures the hearts of all those who visit it. The visitors arriving in Venice are carried into another world whose atmosphere and beauty remain incomparable.
Università Ca’ Foscari, Dorsoduro, 3246, 30123 Venice, Italy
Privacy Symposium Organizing Committee aims to provide a pleasant stay for all our guests in Venice. For this reason, we offer a 10 % discount on accommodation in Hotel Saturnia and Cà Pisani Hotel. To receive a discount apply the coupon code “PRIVACYSYMPOSIUM” when booking your accommodation on the Hotels’ websites.
All hotels are within walking distance from the venue.
Hotel Saturnia & International
Hotel Saturnia & International is a four-star superior hotel located in Calle Larga XXII Marzo, in the centre of Venice. If the name does not say enough, all you need to know is that it is the wide street that connects St. Mark’s square with the Accademia area.
Housed in a patrician palace with typical Venetian forms and dating back to the fourteenth century, Hotel Saturnia overlooks the beautiful street full of boutiques of Haute couture’s biggest names. For art lovers, the Accademia Art Galleries and the museums of St. Mark’s square – with Doge’s Palace topping the list – are nearby, as well as the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
Ca’ Pisani Boutique Design Hotel
A magnificent late-14th-century palace is the treasure chest replete with charming jewels: the Boutique Hotel Ca’ Pisani is an Art Deco gem where guests can stay in an art gallery adorned with original furnishings and tempera works by Fortunato Depero.
The Boutique Hotel Ca’ Pisani is in Dorsoduro, a district rich in museums, architecture, and art. Just a short stroll from the most beautiful places of the Serenissima, Dorsoduro is both a quiet residential neighbourhood and a buzzing area favoured by young people, where you can enjoy a taste of authentic Venice.
Main Vaporetto lines:
- Line 1: It slowly cruises the Grand Canal from the central bus station in Piazzale Roma until Venezia Lido. It stops in most landmarks down the Canal like Piazza San Marco, Ca’Rezzonico, or Rialto Bridge.
- Line 3: connects Piazzale Roma and Murano.
- Line 7: connects Piazza San Marco with Murano.
- Line 10: is the quickest way to get from Piazza San Marco to Lido.
- Line 18: runs between Lido and Murano.
Coronavirus (COVID - 19) Information
Italy’s borders are open to visitors, with some restrictions in place, which depend on the country of arrival. Before arriving in Italy, check the Covid – 19 information for travellers on the Italian Ministry of Health website to find all current entry restrictions and requirements and ensure have all requested documentation.
As of June 1, 2022 a Green Pass or equivalent certificate is no longer needed to enter Italy.
- Effective from May 1, 2022, it is no longer mandatory to show a Green Pass to access businesses and services in Italy. Therefore, free access to local and national public transportation, bars and restaurants, shops, museums, theatres, cinemas, stadiums, gyms, spas, etc.
USE OF MASKS
Until September 30, 2022 the use of FFP2 masks remains mandatory aboard the following means of transport:
- ships and ferries used for interregional transport services
- High Speed, Intercity, Intercity Night, and Interregional Trains
- buses connecting more than two regions
- buses/coaches used for chartered services with driver
- local and regional public transport.
The use of a mask is no longer mandatory on airplanes and for access to indoor shows and sporting events.
However, the use of the mask in all indoor environments and in all cases of crowded outdoor events is highly recommended.
The Welcome Desk to collect your badge is available from 8:30 to 12:30 and from 13:30 to 17:30 at:
17th April at Baratto Room at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
Dorsoduro 3246 – 30123 (VE) – Second floor
18th April at Scuola Grande di San Rocco
Campo San Roco, San Polo 3052 – 30125 Venice
19th – 20th April – Auditorium Santa Margherita
Dorsoduro 3689 – 30123 Venice